Sun, 21 Aug|
Online via Zoom
The Science of Stretch & Release - for Pilates Instructors
Whether you are infusing stretch into regular Pilates classes, or running Stretch classes, or just want some more understanding, this workshop will amplify your knowledge & confidence all about the Science of Stretch & Release, and give you SO may new ideas!
Time & Location
21 Aug 2022, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm AWST
Online via Zoom
Other instructors attending
About the event
Stretch classes are so popular now in studio, and with good reason, as much of the population needs some time to destress, keep good mobility in joints, and self-care (us included!)
Whether you are infusing stretch into regular Pilates classes, or running whole stretch classes, or just want some more understanding, this workshop will amplify your knowledge and repertiore:
In this workshop we'll learn:
- Evidence based science about stretching
- Different types of stretching and their actual effectiveness
- What's the difference between stretching muscles and 'releasing' fascia
- What actually happens in the body when we stretch?
- What does 'release' actually mean, and what is happens in the body?
- Why and when stretching is important
- Basic anatomy for common stretches & why we might do them more often
- Why does stretching feel way more intense for some people than others?
- Some effective cues to get more out of a stretch position
- The optimal 'dose' of stretching to be effective for both short term and longterm stretching goals
- Which props can effectively assist stretch or feeling of release
- A chance to ask questions throughout
- A HEAP of ideas to take straight to your class plans
Not to mention you'll leave this workshop feeling AMAZING yourself!
It's recommended that when doing this workshop you have access to some or all of the following:
(if you don't have all on the day that's OK, but the more the better so you can try things out!)
- Pilates mat
- Flex/Stretch band
- Soft Spiky ball - 1 is great but 2 matching if possible (or tennis balls will work for this too)
- 1 x tennis ball
- 2 x Spiky pods (also known as hedgehogs)
- 1 x foam roller (90cm length is ideal)
- Ticket type
Science of Stretch & Release
Instructor Workshop The Science of Stretch & ReleasePrice$169.00
+$4.23 service fee+$4.23 service feeSale ended